Friday, October 19, 2012

"Once a Brave Always a Brave"

I have been extremely blessed in my life with opportunities professionally and a family life that is loving and supportive. I was recently accounced as the new color commentator for Bradley men's basketball with Dave Snell on WMBD radio. Nixon Insurance is helping me juggle my time away with technology that allows me to work with you, our customers, in a more virtual environment. This is a wonderful opportunity to combine my insurance work, love for basketball, and Bradley University. Go Braves!

While I am extremely excited about this new opportunity, the excitement is also taken with a grain of salt. I have always been lucky that I have not had to travel much for work. I have always been involved with my kids by either helping with homework, or following them in sports. Sports are a fun and easy was to communicate with kids. I wish I could say the same for homework, but who knew that I was going to have to go through middle school and high school again.

In accepting this new position, I will be away from my family a great deal and limited in helping them with their homework, teaching them something new in sports, or just being around for my wife and kids.
So here is your assignment for today:

  1. Tell someone you love them (wife, girlfriend, mom and dad, sister or brother).
  2. If you have kids, give them a hug and spend time with them. They are only kids for a little while and you will miss that time when it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment